ZTR mower lift

strohsman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at buying a mower lift to help in cleaning the deck, changing blades and in general maintenance of my mower. My question is what lift capacity does everyone use, I know the size of your mower matters. Mine is a Raptor SD 48" deck. I see 300#, 500#, up to 750# lifts out there. Price is very important but so is safety. Ideas??? Thnaks..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I used one from Harbor Freight to lift my ZG 222 Kubota. Worked just fine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the garage I use my 3 ton floor jack.

But when mowing, I always mow the back last, so I keep 1 car ramp under our back deck, I pull up on it with one front wheel, park it & REMOVE the ign key, then slide under & give it a easy clean out, & touch up the blades if I feel a nick, etc.

The front end of zeros is the lightest, I can lift mine one hand. But it's NOT a Z Master or heavy one like that.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We use a cheap floor jack from Walmart to change blades on our Tiger Cats. Some times we change blades twice a day with it on two or more mowers. It has worked great for hundreds of blade changes.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use a floor jack too along with axle stands but most of the time I just pull onto my trailer gate with one front caster wheel. I can get at 2 spindles then move it to the other side for the remaining one. I also use car ramps for getting under the rear of my machine. The nice thing about floor jacks, axle stands and ramps is that you can use them for other tasks not related to your mower.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Absolutely, that's why my floor jack & jack stands are 3 ton units. :thumbsup: