Oil in air filter base

strohsman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have Kolher 7000 series on my Raptor SD. I removed the air filter for cleaning and saw a small amout of oil on the inside base of the air filter housing. I do not beleive any oil was on the filter. Should I be alarmed at this? The engine has about 15 hours on it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the oil level.
If the oil level is OK then it is fine.
The crankcase breather is plugged into the air filter so it will carry some oil with it.
IF there is enough oil to make the filter wet then it needs looking into further.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have Kolher 7000 series on my Raptor SD. I removed the air filter for cleaning and saw a small amout of oil on the inside base of the air filter housing. I do not beleive any oil was on the filter. Should I be alarmed at this? The engine has about 15 hours on it.

Kohler sent a note to the dealers a few months ago about this very thing. It has something to do with the break in of the engine and will stop after a few running hours. So what you are seeing according to Kohler is expected and not be alarmed since it will not occur after the first service internal.