Jacobsen HR 9016 bat wing mower

mjsn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am about to buy a Jacobsen HR9016 wide area mower from year 2000 with 3 mowing decks, 4 wheel drive, no leaks, good condition and would like to ask if anybody has experience with these mowers, especially when they age, like this one. Should they be avoided for any particular reason or any serious problems? I read that the hydraulic motors, which operate the blades and this mower has 11 of them, are costly to fix or replace and since they are in direct contact with the blades (unlike other mowers, for example Toro, where the blades are turned by belts and pullies), they can require repair more frequently.

Appreciate any advice, thank you!

Dan.

buzzzmeister

Threads
I tried to buy a 2014 with 600hrs. this spring but it was pulled from the auction for the seat switch. :mur:

As for the deck motors, they were $700 from Jac for my HR back when they were available so I can't imagine these any cheaper. I would also think the splines on the motor shafts would get less wear with only spinning the blade vs. the motors having to spin multiple blades/belts/idlers such as on my HR.

That 2000 have the GM or that Italian engine?

mjsn

Forum Newbie
Threads
2014 and 600hrs, I sincerely hope you will find another one like that! And thank you for advice on the deck motors. The 2000 has the Detroit engine.