First time homeowner buying a lawnmower, string trimmer and blower this weekend

queencityyankee

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / First time homeowner buying a lawnmower, string trimmer and blower this weekend
I have a 15% off coupon at Home Depot so that's where I plan on buying.

I have .45 lot, new construction, 6 month old Bermuda lawn.

I have a walk out basement, so the sides on my house are a hill, and the back 10ft fall off significantly.

The front yard is completely flat, and the backyard from the house 26ft back is completely flat before it falls off.

I have a budget of $900 (again, i have the 15% off coupon)

I'm leaning toward the Honda HRX for my mower: Model # HRX217VKA Internet #205494644 Store SKU #1000957175
Why? I love honda, the reviews are great and it cuts the shortest of the models they have

I have no idea what to do for a string trimmer/edger and a blower.

2 cycle, 4 cycle, battery etc

Thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.

deminin

Threads
  • / First time homeowner buying a lawnmower, string trimmer and blower this weekend
I have a 15% off coupon at Home Depot so that's where I plan on buying. I have .45 lot, new construction, 6 month old Bermuda lawn. I have a walk out basement, so the sides on my house are a hill, and the back 10ft fall off significantly. The front yard is completely flat, and the backyard from the house 26ft back is completely flat before it falls off. I have a budget of $900 (again, i have the 15% off coupon) I'm leaning toward the Honda HRX for my mower: Model # HRX217VKA Internet #205494644 Store SKU #1000957175 Why? I love honda, the reviews are great and it cuts the shortest of the models they have. I have no idea what to do for a string trimmer/edger and a blower. 2 cycle, 4 cycle, battery etc. thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.

The Honda is a good mower, but with your discount, the price will still be over $500. You might check out a Toro Personal Pace mower, before you buy...might save yourself a couple of hundred on an equally good mower. As for a trimmer and blower, I would recommend shopping for Stihl products...they are well built, and with normal care, they will outlast most brands. With regard to "power"...4 cycle gas mower, 2 cycle gas trimmer and blower. Battery powered is good, for shorter duration use, but the cost of a replacement battery can be quite high.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is a tiny budget for what you are trying to get.
Cheap trimmers do not last so spend big on the mower it is going to do most of the work.
GO for something like a Ryobi trimmer for now but expect to throw it away in a few years by which time you might be in a stronger financial position.
It is amazing how fast money vanishes when building a new house.

cruzenmike

Threads
I would not hesitate to buy the Honda. I had an HRX217VKA and it was an excellent mower. It is quite heavy, but feels really well built. 7 years of using it 1-2 times a week during the mowing season and it never let me down. As for the trimmer, I would stay away from the Ryobi 2-cycle and opt for the Echo. Obviously you have a budget so of you must divert funds for a better trimmer or blower, then you will have to consider other mowers.