LGT 2654 won't start

rick5412

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can give me a clue on why my pretty new Husq LGT2654 won't start.
It sat in the barn over winter with gas in it (my bad) and it became a home for a local mouse.
It obviously wouldn't start and I could see the mice had chewed through a couple wires so I replaced the wire harness and one of the magneto ignitions with spark plug connector. I've tested the spark plug and I get a spark. I've cleaned out the mouse nest, added fresh gas, removed the fuel line at the carb and gas is being pumped. I've sprayed about a half can of carbonator cleaner in the carb and if I do that while turning over the engine, it will run on the carb cleaner for a few seconds, but it never starts running and won't run on the spray for more than a few seconds. I cannot get it to start for even a little bit without the spray.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the solenoid off the carb and check that it is retracting when the ignition is turned on.

rick5412

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take the solenoid off the carb and check that it is retracting when the ignition is turned on.

That did it!
Cleaned up the sticky solenoid, put it back in and she fired up!
Thank you!
Rick