John Deere L130 vibration

GrassInPA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a JD L130 that I've had for a few years from when my wife's aunt passed. She took very good care of it, having it serviced every year. I will admit that I've slacked off in that department......

I'm planning on doing the oil change and spark plug change next week but I have another issue that I want to find out what parts I need to get. So a few weeks ago I was helping a neighbor out and remember that there was a part of an old fence post just above ground level but couldn't remember where. Well, I found it but not the way I wanted to. So I can definitely feel a vibration now with the blades on and there is probably a 1/2 inch or so of uncut grass through each pass that isn't cut. I've attached the picture of what the underside of the mower looks like between the frame and the top of the deck.

It looks like the one pulley is bent up a little. I haven't taken the deck off to see if the blade is bent or not. My question is this. I've never done any maintenance on the deck before, I know in the past two years the only thing I have done is change the blades and blow off the top of the deck with a blower after I'm done cutting. Should I just bite the bullet and get the complete deck rebuild kit? I believe I saw one with new spindles, pulleys, belts, and blades for around $100 online. I think the new spindles were grease-able as well.

Anything else that I should look at doing while I'm working on the mower other than the recommendations under the seat?

pulley.jpgproduct number.jpgpulley2.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That pulley you say is bent should be mounted that way. I would not buy a kit at that price unless it came from John Deere and had a John Deere part number. I don’t believe that JD has a kit available, and if they did that price is way to cheap for JD parts. I suggest you take your deck off and give it the TLC it desperately needs. Check everything, blades, pulleys, pulley and spindle bearings, and belt. Only replace the parts which are bad. I can tell you from experience that if you try to use non OEM parts on JD’s will cost you down the road. You are probably at the point of “pay me now or pay me late”, because you may have to open a can of worms that aren’t cheap.

Threads
Yep JD has a kit for that mower and most mowers.... I assume you have the 48 inch deck with 3 blades....

The part # is GY 20996... It comes with 3 spindles 3 blades, belt, spring and all the new hardware, plus the new idler pulleys.........

Here is the link Oh BTW its almost 300 bucks but you are getting everything..............
www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-4...-Kit-Years-2002-thru-2004--GY20996_p_283.html

Now it depends on your year and serial number.... Both serial numbers for the parts are the same number kit.......

Here is the link to the site...... Hope this helps and let us know Mon Ami ...........

www.greenpartstore.com/48-inch-Mower-Deck-Parts-for-John-Deere-L130.html

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Learned something new today with the JD kit. $300 is more like the price I would expect for that many JD parts. The blade set and belt run $50 each. I would still buy the individual parts unless he needs all three spindles.

Threads
I mess with a lot of JD's so I go to the green store get my numbers that I need then go to the JD place not far from my shop and buy through them.... I get a huge discount from and they have my Tax ID already so I don't get charged tax........

That is one of the best sites to go to on the net for JD parts ~!~!

dfbroxy

Threads
Try checking the blades first. If you hit something hard enough to break the top side of the deck you can bet the blades are bent. After you change the blades test it go from there with the rest. Every thing they said is correct but I have done the same thing several times and sometimes its just the blades, sometimes its all of it, just depends on how hard you hit the post. Get back with us and let us know how it turns out.

dfbroxy

Threads
Guys, take a close look at the pics on the deck. Tell me if that model is suppose to have the flat metal mounting rod going from bottom rear bracket on deck to mounting pin(top right) on mower. I just noticed that because i have a older model jd 155c.

Threads
Guys, take a close look at the pics on the deck. Tell me if that model is suppose to have the flat metal mounting rod going from bottom rear bracket on deck to mounting pin(top right) on mower. I just noticed that because i have a older model jd 155c.

Which pic are you looking at Roxy ???? I can't really see all of it that well .........

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, that pivot bracket is the right one and mounted correctly.