Is 125 Hrs a lot? On a 2002 TroyBilt 42" 18HP Pedal Drive. which mower to keep?

bmadams

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Is 125 Hrs a lot? On a 2002 TroyBilt 42" 18HP Pedal Drive. which mower to keep?
I've never had a mower with an Hour Meter before. I picked up a 2002 TroyBilt 42" 18HP Pedal Drive with the Meter and it shows 125 Hours
I cleaned it up, all New Belts, oil filter and blades. Also serviced grease fittings. Painted deck. Not rust trhu very clean tractor.

So now I have 2 Mowers and gotta decide which to keep. The other is a much newer (2011) but essentially the same (18HP, 42") without the Pedal Drive or Hour Meter
I really like the Pedal Drive!!
Both are clean and running well

2011 18HP 42" Yard Machine Model #: 13AJ775S000 (MTD) Unknown hours but probably pretty low, NO Pedal Drive
or
2002 18HP 42" TROY-Bilt 188392 Model Number 188392 13CX609G063 125 Hrs on Hour Meter, with Pedal Drive

THANKS!!

primerbulb120

Threads
  • / Is 125 Hrs a lot? On a 2002 TroyBilt 42" 18HP Pedal Drive. which mower to keep?
Re: Is 125 Hrs a lot? On a 2002 TroyBilt 42" 18HP Pedal Drive. which mower to keep?

Can't help you on which mower to keep, but 125 hrs is not a lot.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Is 125 Hrs a lot? On a 2002 TroyBilt 42" 18HP Pedal Drive. which mower to keep?

As stated 125 hrs is not much, but was the hour meter original to the piece of equipment or an after market which was added down the road. 16 years old and that low of hours aren’t normal. That many hours on that old of a unit seems very fishy to me or you may have won the lottery.

bmadams

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks to both that replied.

Concerning the meter. It is what came on the mower. What you said about being suspicious about the hours verses the age tells me a lot about 125hrs on a mower. I had no idea at all.
The previous owner rented from me for a couple of years and were very good people...they basically had to leave the mover so I got it for free.
It was very dirty but cleaned up to look pretty much new. The main drive belt was shot, and being the hardest to change, I was thinking it may have been original.

What I don't know is how long they owned it, I was assuming they were original owners. I can/will email them to ask.
I know they moved to my place from a subdivision home with one of those very small subdivision lots.
We are on an acre, I mowed yesterday and it runs as brand new..kicks butt.
I will follow up with their history with the mower and the Hr Gauge.

bmadams

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks to both that replied.

Concerning the meter. It is what came on the mower. What you said about being suspicious about the hours verses the age tells me a lot about 125hrs on a mower. I had no idea at all.
The previous owner rented from me for a couple of years and were very good people...they basically had to leave the mover so I got it for free.
It was very dirty but cleaned up to look pretty much new. The main drive belt was shot, and being the hardest to change, I was thinking it may have been original.

What I don't know is how long they owned it, I was assuming they were original owners. I can/will email them to ask.
I know they moved to my place from a subdivision home with one of those very small subdivision lots.
We are on an acre, I mowed yesterday and it runs as brand new..kicks butt.
I will follow up with their history with the mower and the Hr Gauge.

From the previous owners:
That may be correct. We bought when I was cutting my father's yard, but then be hired a yard guy. So, it sat in his garage. When he passed, we took it, but I usually push mowed our yard. So, it sat in our basement, until we arrived at your place.