L-130 with Auto runs, but kill when brake is released.

Rabby Tat

Threads
  • / L-130 with Auto runs, but kill when brake is released.
Hello everyone,

I am new here. Learned about your forum while looking for help with a couple of lawn tractor issues. My primary grass cutter at our rural property is an old IH Cub/Farmall tractor that we rebuilt a couple of times. Rescued it from one of our epic floods down here in the Louisiana swampland. Had a few lingering electrical issues, but we finally installed electronic ignition and it runs very well now. That one is good for now.

The issue of the day is I also have a John Deere L130 with auto that was running pretty well, but suddenly ran poorly and then stopped. I cleaned out minor debris from the blade area and let it set for a while before trying again. It would start and run poorly but die when I would release the brake pedal. After looking at the manual, I did an oil change, installed new plugs, new air cleaner and fresh gas. Have a new fuel filter, but not yet installed. Tried to start again and it will start and run well but will kill right when I release the brake before I can get it to roll more than a few inches in forward or reverse. It starts easily and sounds strong but only kills when I try to let off of the brake. My thinking is that most of the safety switches such as the seat and blade engagement can be ruled out as being before that part of the electrical chain. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

I have to say that the John Deere electrical system has been such a major pain that I would almost prefer to rewire the whole tractor and eliminate all of these switches. They are expensive and totally unreliable. I can do without some "Progress" in my life!

Thanks in advance,

RT

Threads
I replied to your post on the other section, you were in the right area .........

Plus Tard Mon Ami............

Threads
Nope I don't think it's a switch issue...... I think you are running one only 1 cylinder.......

If you got flooded out 2 times in 2 years then you are in my area..... Or you around East Baton Rouge area..... August was the major flood when we had 40 inches of rain in a 36 hour time frame here in the Eunice area.....

Plus the next year we had another deluge of it that was almost the same, but more in my area and not around the BR area....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Let's keep this engine issue on 1 section only..... I have more to add when you answer back ..........