Carburetor Gasket

ljb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a new carb for B&S 875EX series complete with gaskets and o-ring. When I removed the old carb, there was no gasket on the engine side. Only the one on the air filter side. There is the red o-ring, and a bracket holding a spring connected to the choke control, then the carburetor. Does the new gasket go somewhere between the carburetor, bracket, engine? Thank you. Larry B

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just check your Engine's Parts diagrams, that'll tell ya, BUT there is almost ALWAYS a gasket or o-ring between the manifold and engine, I have yet to run across one without .....

Threads
Larry those EX series you have are the newer style Briggs..... What is your model number ??? The Type number doesn't matter at all.........

Some have the O ring in different areas........If you had a L head style I wouldn't need a model number... I know those like I know the back of my hand ~!~! LOL.....

Let Us know Mon Ami ~!~!

ljb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Larry those EX series you have are the newer style Briggs..... What is your model number ??? The Type number doesn't matter at all.........

Some have the O ring in different areas........If you had a L head style I wouldn't need a model number... I know those like I know the back of my hand ~!~! LOL.....

Let Us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Bon Jour Boudreaux In Eunice La.

The model number is 121S02-0067-F1.

Merci

Threads
As I thought you have the High end Briggs Great engine for sure ..... Ok I will put a link up for you to look at ..... You will have to zoom in and move the cursor with your mouse to go to the bottom of the page....

Yes the Red O ring goes on the spacer that is on the engine side... That's what seals the carb up........

Part # 122 is the spacer and part # 623 is the O ring ..............

Here is the link to the parts diagrahm ..... Now look close there are 2 different styles.. Pick the one you have ~!~!

www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-par...02-0067-f1/carburetor-carburetor-overhaul-kit

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!