Blown engine... are these models interchangeable?

Team_Dub

Threads
Craftsman LT1500 Model 247.288811 with a VERY blown 31C707-3346-G2/G6.

mower.jpg

Had oil. No idea what happened, except that it was sudden and catastrophic. First cut after Craigslist (robbery) purchase. Can't push mow due to physical issues.

My question is will a 31R907-0007-G1 be a suitable replacement? Same crank size and keyway? Been looking but can't find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Team_Dub

Threads
To me it looks like a straight-up engine CHANGE .. everything points to being a simple R&R procedure, possibly a difference in engine wires but that's an easy fix, if the R model is a good motor I'd go for it ...... keep us updated and ask for help if needed ....... :thumbsup:

Thanks a ton,Boobala - that's what I was thinking and hoping to hear!

:thumbsup:

Threads
Team Dub if your crank and the replacement engine has the same exact measurments then you are good to go.....

I haven't looked at your specs, but the type codes are meant for color and stickers for different mowers by different brand names.... Mostly........

Crank size is your major concern Mon Ami ~!~!

Let us know ~!~!.............

Team_Dub

Threads
Team Dub if your crank and the replacement engine has the same exact measurments then you are good to go.....

I haven't looked at your specs, but the type codes are meant for color and stickers for different mowers by different brand names.... Mostly........

Crank size is your major concern Mon Ami ~!~!

Boudreaux - I was hoping an expert here would know that info and pass it along.

Still looking...

Thanks!

Team_Dub

Threads
This is from the proposed replacement:

1-Inch by 3-5/32-Inch Length Crankshaft Tapped 7-16-20-Inch

Threads
That's the most common length.... Now if your old one has that length which I would bet good money it does, then you are golden.......

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the plugs on the ends of the alternator.
Briggs use different colours and configurations for different capacity alternators.
If they care different ( one of the code things ) you can swap them over, just adds a little more time.

Team_Dub

Threads
Thanks for all the info!

It's ordered and will be here Tuesday.

As long as the crank is the same, all I *should* have to do is swap over the old front exhaust and possibly a little electrical tweaking.

I'm sure issues will arise and I will keep you posted!

:smile:

Threads
Team I thought you had a spare engine off of a used mower at your finger tips.......... I didn't know you ordered one.....

I wish I would have known..... I could have got you a better price and the same engine for your mower.........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!