Lawnboy 10302

GrassInPA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I just picked up a Lawnboy 10302 with the 4.5 HP 4 cycle engine on it that I received free from a friend. The serial number is 7901791. He said everything runs good on it, however oil leaks from the bottom of the dipstick tube and also from one of the exhaust ports down under the mower deck. He says he has replaced the o-ring around the dipstick tube every year and it doesn't make a difference. He says he has to fill the oil back up after every use. I'm clueless as to what this could be??

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
First off I wonder if the O-ring replacement is the right one? Might double check the actual part number or get one from a dealer for that particular engine. Then I'd make real sure the oil level is correct, on the full mark with the dipstick fully in place. Also look at the crankcase venting system for blockage. Then, ouch, I'd suspect engine wear and too much pressure in the crankcase for the venting system to handle. Dipstick leaks are pretty common, oil running out of the exhaust is bad, using all the oil at one mowing is the death march.

Russ2251

Threads
...also from one of the exhaust ports down under the mower deck.
Can't be...not with a 4 cycle mill.
Bottom seal, however, may be be the culprit.