Carb leaking fuel following rebuild

95Toro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting here and hoping my issue is a quick fix. I have a 1995 Toro commericial walk-behind mower (model 22151) with a Briggs and Stratton motor. Bought it new when I was cutting grass in high school and it has served me well since. Recently, it started running only in choke so I deemed it was time for a carb rebuild.

It was my first rebuild and seemed to go well as it is running GREAT! Better than I can remember. However, I woke up this morning and the garage reeked of gasoline. Turns out that it is leaking from the front of the carb from the port pictured below (yellow arrow). Does anyone know if that port on the right is supposed to have a brass plug like the one on the left? I'm thinking I may have blown it out by accident with the air compressor. I have an extra from the rebuild kit and thinking I should just give it a try.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2020.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is the bowl ai vent & it is leaking from there because the float needle is not cutting off the fuel
SO it is back into the carb.
Have a good look t whatever you find, if it looks like fuel line rubber you might need to replace the fuel hoses as well.

95Toro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! I'll take it apart again and let follow up with my results. The fuel line is original, but not leaking. I wonder if I didn't get the needle seat fully seated.

95Toro

Forum Newbie
Threads
FIXED! Thank you.

The needle seat was upside down (groove side up). I know it was supposed to be smooth side up, but when I pulled it I could have sworn it was groove up. Must of flipped during removal. Dry as a bone now.