Flex Forks

retfr8flyr

Threads
Earl,

Have mine on the mower. However, they aren't torque'd into place as of yet due to wet paint. I know, wait two days for the pain to dry. I'm not good at watching paint dry.

Here is what mine look like after lightly sanding and painting before installation.

I know, not the same color. I was not about to pay 25 bucks for one can of spray paint. Tell me what ya think. I know I can count on Ronno's opinion! lol

I have contacted a couple of paint suppliers about filling 5 cases of 16 oz cans of Hustler duplicated colors with my name on them in order to help you and myself color match our Hustlers.

Hopefully we can get a price down to help with shipping. Somewhere around 5 bucks a can and looks like shipping is going to cost as much as a can of paint. Ludicrous.

Max

View attachment 38119View attachment 38120

Loos good Max. I plan on painting mine later, I wanted to see how well they worked first.

Good information. Could one of you clarify about the flex fork bearing situation.
I had some very serious tree service on my pretty large lot and the ground was pretty soft and now mowing really aggravates my back.
I wanted to order the front fork set when I ordered the mower but apparently you can't do that or at least my dealer wouldn't. I think he was only interested in selling his current inventory which is understandable. But you hate to have and extra set of forks sitting there for eternity.

This one:??
https://seat-warehouse.com/product/...-bad-boygravelydeeretoroscaghustlerexmark-ff/

Looks like a four bolt installation. Any tricks to it?

It's a very easy install, my problem came from the lower bearings. When I tapped the stock forks out of the deck the top bearings stayed in the deck housing and the bottom bearings would not come off the shaft. I didn't know if the bearings were press fit or not but I didn't think I could remove mine without damaging them, so I ordered a new set. As Max states the bearings are a slide fit and the new ones went on easily.

As far as the flex forks, I am confused by the bearing problem. I put a set on my Fastrak, and I didn't encounter a pressed bearing on the shaft. Maybe they are different between models.

I think its the same shaft and bearing size but the 60 may be larger. My old bearings must be rusted to the shaft, as I tried to remove them and they wouldn't budge. I was using a bearing puller but I was afraid I would destroy the bearing getting it off, which would require a new bearing anyway, so i just ordered another set. I highly recommend these forks for anyone looking for less jolting while cutting, they really do reduce the sharp hit from the bumps, like tree roots.

mhavanti

Threads
I agree with Earl. Great addition to the front end and a softer ride on the rear would be nice as well. Soon as I run across another burn out Raptor, it is coming home with me to tear apart and begin the rear suspension design.