Hustler Super Z

NMACPC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good evening. I have an issue with my fairly new 60 inches Hustler. I recently changed the starter, because it was not good. After 2 months or so, my crew called me that the mower stopped the engine. They thought it was the battery and they jumped started from other mower.

There was a moment passed that day, that the mower stopped again and this time didn't want to start even jumping it with the other mower. I bought to my shop and I used the electric 225 amp charger and left it charging for 90 minutes. After that next day that I charged it with the electric commercial starter, the machine worked for 1 entire day without no problem.

Today the machine started bothering again and I decide to buy a new battery. But guess what, when I installed the new battery it did not start the machine.

I have several questions.

1. Does the new battery need to be charged first? Which I doubt it because for cars it does not need to?

2. Is there any part of the machine like a (capacitor) that boosts up the battery to hold on the charge and to crank the engine always. that is all that could think right now. A module or a capacitor that is not working good.

Please if someone can highlight the answer for me I will deeply appreciate it. The model of my machine is Hustler 932129 Serial Number 13103877

I deeply appreciate any feedback ASAP.

Respectfully,
Noel Martinez

Luffydog

Threads
I would check the charging make sure it is. Plus check the fuses. Also can't rule out if it is not charging the regulator,stator, clutch pulling to many amps.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today the machine started bothering again and I decide to buy a new battery. But guess what, when I installed the new battery it did not start the machine.

I have several questions.

1. Does the new battery need to be charged first? Which I doubt it because for cars it does not need to?

2. Is there any part of the machine like a (capacitor) that boosts up the battery to hold on the charge and to crank the engine always. that is all that could think right now. A module or a capacitor that is not working good.

1. It doesn't, IF you are certain that your charging system is working correctly. You don't know that.

2. No.

NMACPC

Forum Newbie
Threads
1. It doesn't IF you are certain that your charging system is working correctly. You don't know that.

2. No.

That is exactly what I would like to know. Where is the charging system located for this model? It is a module that can be changed? Can you please illustrate me where exactly is the charging system. I know that the cars, trucks have a alternator or a generator that with a pully charges the batery , but on these machines, I don't know exacrtly what charges the batery and where it is located.

I will appreciate your prompt response.

Noel Martinez

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You didn't mention the brand or model of the engine but generally the generator/alternator is located near the flywheel, under the blower housing on air cooled engines.

NMACPC

Forum Newbie
Threads
You didn't mention the brand or model of the engine but generally the generator/alternator is located near the flywheel, under the blower housing on air cooled engines.

Sorry, this is a Kawasaki Engine of the Hustler Super Z 60 inches, model 932129 serial number 13103877. Thanks for your support. Any info will deeply appreciate it. I don't even have an idea of how this alternator or generator looks like. Any pic that you can show me.?

Noel Martinez

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you can find what you need at Kawasaki Engines USA.

I'm not the person to try to talk you through this. I've only worked on one Kawasaki engine and that was for a starter problem.

Here's a sample of one of their parts diagrams (probably NOT your engine).
http://www.kawasakienginesusa.com/p...ECTRIC-EQUIPMENT/FD731V-CS03/99907-26130082/y

You can test whether your charging system is working with a voltmeter before you dig into the engine.