Primer bulb not filling

Riley6411

Threads
I have a Briggs and Stratton 3.5 hp 450 series engine on an old grey push mower
I have just replaced the primer bulb and the area around the bulb is leaking and the bulb is not filling while the mower runs
The mower will only run until the primer bulb is empty
Does anyone know how to fix or stop it from leaking or why the bulb is not filling by itself?

Threads
Primer bulbs do not fill up like a weed eater or chainsaw.... If you have a leak that means it was put in wrong......

Riley6411

Threads
Oh ok thanks
So is that why it’s not running because the primer bulb is leaking

Threads
What all did you do when you changed the primer bulb ?? Did you change the diaphram and gasket ???

Did you put the diaphram on the tank first then the hard gasket ???? Does your primer have hole in the middle ?? Those are mean't for a larger Briggs with the air box that is screwed to the carb with 3 screws and the big blue paper filter..

The bulb that is smooth is the one you need.... I have put the retainer ring in wrong a time or 2 myself LOL.......

Sorry for the late reply..... I have been busy all evening on 3 repairs in my shop.............

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Riley6411

Threads
I have got the bulb on now and it is primeing and no longer leaking
But the engine still won’t stay running

primerbulb120

Threads
Primer bulbs do not fill up like a weed eater or chainsaw.... If you have a leak that means it was put in wrong......

On a Quantum series engine, this is correct. On the engine in question, it's wrong. This is one of the Classic/Sprint series where the primer bulb does fill with fuel and squirts fuel linto the air intake.

Riley6411

Threads
Yes it is one of the classic engines
The engine won’t stay running
I just acquired this mower to work on but can’t figure out why it won’t stay running it runs for 3-10 seconds then dies

Threads
Riley that's why I asked you if you changed the diaphram and gasket between the carb and tank.... That's your problem..

Primer Bulb 120 that is not what I meant about his primer bulb...What I meant was that it does not fill up and stay filled like a weed eater.

It squirts a small stream of gas into the intake tube..........