Ferris IS 3200 noise?

mikegrahn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris IS 3200 with the Big Block EFI and 61 deck. I purchased this unit from a private party this spring with about 140 hours on it. It has a noise that starts about 20 minutes into mowing. It is one of those noises that is going to be a bugger to figure out. It is still there with the deck off, so eliminate that. It sounds like the outside edge of a pulley rubbing against something, I thought at first it sounded like maybe the spinning engine screen, but it could be any number of rotating pulleys. If I shut the engine down and let it sit for a couple of minutes it will usually not show up for a few minutes. Once it starts it seems to continue until you stop. It remains at low idle. I have farmed around every type of ag equipment you can think of and am usually pretty good at troubleshooting, but this one puzzles me. Mike

Luffydog

Threads
Take the drive belt off sounds like one of the idlers for the belts then crank see noise is still there. be the one on the tensenor pulley or the other alone pulley.