Repairs JS63 Traction Control Cable

Gsnod

Threads
Hello;

I have been gifted a John Deere GXJS63D111073 mower that needs both cables that run from the right hand side of the handle to the transmission. I sense the Transmission Cable which has the spring on the end is part # GC90045, and the Traction Control Cable which has the 3 speed selector, is part #GC00153.

Two questions: Are these correct, and if so, can I only purchase these through a John Deere dealer?

Thank you!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would say you have the correct cable numbers, but there are many on this site that will say I don’t know what I am talking about. In your case I would go to the local JD dealer and double check your numbers. If you get them through him and they are wrong you can return them. If you order them on line, it is very difficult to return. The reason I say this is that there are two different cable numbers for one of those cable, based on the serial number. More than once I have seen where the parts guides are not always accurate. Most JD parts must be gotten through JD dealer, either on line or in store.

Gsnod

Threads
Thanks very much Rivets for the quick response! I'll pull the cables and head down to the local JD dealer this week with the model number.