Troy Bilt tb30r was in flood,, do I need to drain the axle or is it sealed ?

cxbxr.3

Threads
  • / Troy Bilt tb30r was in flood,, do I need to drain the axle or is it sealed ?
How do you recommend I treat the axle after it was completely flooded over for atleast 2 days during harvey here in texas ? I have already prepped the engine & almost ready to fire it up.. just concerned with rear end... Thanks

13CC26JD011, date 12/2016 serial 1L076B20544

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Troy Bilt tb30r was in flood,, do I need to drain the axle or is it sealed ?
If you plan to keep the machine, I would see if I could get the engine running first, if successful, you can always sell it, if it turns out good, I would pull off the transaxle, split it open, and "go through it", If good you can always sell that.... (there may still be the ID information sticker/tag on it) which would be a GREAT help as to finding the Manual for that), Next I would remove the deck and replace (or at least take the spindles apart and clean everything up, might need to replace the bearings if rusty or worn, or get NEW spindles,) ( are we outa money yet...?? ) NEW BELTS ALL around, NOW, remove the fender/body sections and check EVERYTHING you see on the chassis, especially the springs and brackets/levers, everything will have to be cleaned and lubricated, OK now pull ALL the wheels off and check the steering bushings regrease everything and regrease the rear axle holes and the axles on the transaxle too, That should just about get it back to running in DEPENDABLE shape, or sell it off for parts, one hell of a project, but you sound like the type of guy, that stands up to a challenge !! ....RIGHT ..?? good luck in whatever you decide,..:thumbsup:

cxbxr.3

Threads
Not really up for a complete overhaul just curious if you thin the rear axle has water in it?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not really up for a complete overhaul just curious if you thin the rear axle has water in it?

I would think so, and I wouldn't take a chance, I''m not sure if your trans uses grease OR heavy oil ..??