Carb Bowl Leaking

CustomCubCadet

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All I'm A Newbie :biggrin:

Well it goes like this, I have an old cub cadet I decided to mod out, its a self propelled mower now I have never even attempted anything like this :eek: so i took off the carb bowl and when i went to put it back on it, the screw at the bottom wont tighten up. so i got it on the best i could LOL and now its leaking fuel from that dang! screw :thumbdown: (wouldn't you know it?) so i went to the Homey Depot lol and the nice person in lawn mowers tried to help me he said it could be many things but since this is a very delicate area on a mower i either bent it or didn't put the gasket on it so after thanking him I went home and waited to tonight to work on it (all this Georgia heat i wasn't frying even in the garage) so i took it back apart and well it wasnt eather its not bent and the gasket is present :rolleyes: so what y'all think? should i just use some silicone or teflon tape? maybe some duck tape and super glue? lol :laughing: but seriously how do i fix this :cool:

Sheets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carburetors are a pain in the arse:thumbdown:. It definitely could be MANY things, my suggestion for this would be to check Ebay and find a nice used one for cheap that is put together the right way. I know it isn't a technological savvy suggestion, but trust me, it will save a ton of time!

P.S. Us Minnesotans would kill for some of that Georgia heat in our -40 degree winters! :biggrin: