Burning hair?

Threads
NY Giant........... It takes a good ear for adjusting a carb on 2 stroke engines..... Or a RPM Tach tool.....

The low side is fine for hitting the throttle for a fast and quick response........

When you have the throttle wide open adjust the H needle to the highest rpm you can hear and then back it out CCW.
until you you hear it 4 stroking .... Like a deep vibration noise..... Then turn your H clockwise to right just a lil bit till the sound changes a lil bit.....

You should be in the sweet spot right there......... If you don't have a quick rev up when you hit the trigger then play with the L side 1/8 turn......

Remember when you make the adjustments you have to let the carb get it's breath and get used to it..............

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

NYGIANT

Forum Newbie
Threads
NY Giant........... It takes a good ear for adjusting a carb on 2 stroke engines..... Or a RPM Tach tool.....

The low side is fine for hitting the throttle for a fast and quick response........

When you have the throttle wide open adjust the H needle to the highest rpm you can hear and then back it out CCW.
until you you hear it 4 stroking .... Like a deep vibration noise..... Then turn your H clockwise to right just a lil bit till the sound changes a lil bit.....

You should be in the sweet spot right there......... If you don't have a quick rev up when you hit the trigger then play with the L side 1/8 turn......

Remember when you make the adjustments you have to let the carb get it's breath and get used to it..............

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately, I don't have an RPM Tach tool so I'll just have to adjust it by ear. Just ordered the carburetor adjustment tool kit so I'll be waiting on that to give this a try - I'l be sure and post afterwards.
Thanks again!

primerbulb120

Threads
That's why I didn't post the entire carb adjustment procedure. Opening the high end a little should fix it, and it's best not to mess with the carb adjustments if you don't have to.

NYGIANT

Forum Newbie
Threads
To all that replied, thank you for the feedback and suggestions. I wish I could say that with your help the leaf blower was up and running again but this story doesn't have a happy ending...yet. I didn't give up without a fight though but now it won't even start anymore and, at the risk of sounding philosophical, life's too short. I spend more time trying to keep these "made in China" parts running than I do actually using them - I've had enough, they win. From now on I'll be buying whatever has the longest warranty and a nearby service center. The winner for now appears to be the Hitachi RB24EAP with a 7 year warranty and a service center I can walk to. The price is right and it actually has excellent reviews everywhere. The last decent 2 stroke machine I bought was in the early 1990's from my local Price Club - which became Costco. I got nearly 10 years of flawless service with just basic maintenance on that McCulloch blower. It's been over 15 years since any 2 stroke machine lasted over 2 years for me - they usually die right after the warranty expires. I wish I could say that I neglected proper care and maintenance but that is far from the truth. I may occasionally be guilty of not using Sta-Bil ethanol treatment at all fill ups but I'll be more vigilant going forward. BTW Anybody else notice that ever since ethanol was introduced into our gas supply the 2 stroke engine seems to be going the way of the Dodo bird?
Anyway, thanks again and if anyone has any first hand experience with the Hitachi RB24EAP I would sure appreciate your opinion.
Be well all.

primerbulb120

Threads
The BEST handheld blower at a homeowner price point is the Husqvarna 125B. Hands down, end of discussion.

- The Hitachi has the air intake on the wrong side, as do most other handheld blowers.

- Other than the Husqvarna, the only common blower with the air intake on the other side is the Stihl handheld blower. The Husqvarna is both cheaper and more powerful, and it's just as durable.

I wore my 125B engine out with years of heavy commercial use. I repowered it with another Husqvarna 28cc engine and it's still at work. Since I have a Husqvarna backpack blower now, I am not using it much any more, but if I ever manage to wear the new engine out it will get a third one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To all that replied, thank you for the feedback and suggestions. I wish I could say that with your help the leaf blower was up and running again but this story doesn't have a happy ending...yet. I didn't give up without a fight though but now it won't even start anymore and, at the risk of sounding philosophical, life's too short. I spend more time trying to keep these "made in China" parts running than I do actually using them - I've had enough, they win. From now on I'll be buying whatever has the longest warranty and a nearby service center. The winner for now appears to be the Hitachi RB24EAP with a 7 year warranty and a service center I can walk to. The price is right and it actually has excellent reviews everywhere. The last decent 2 stroke machine I bought was in the early 1990's from my local Price Club - which became Costco. I got nearly 10 years of flawless service with just basic maintenance on that McCulloch blower. It's been over 15 years since any 2 stroke machine lasted over 2 years for me - they usually die right after the warranty expires. I wish I could say that I neglected proper care and maintenance but that is far from the truth. I may occasionally be guilty of not using Sta-Bil ethanol treatment at all fill ups but I'll be more vigilant going forward. BTW Anybody else notice that ever since ethanol was introduced into our gas supply the 2 stroke engine seems to be going the way of the Dodo bird?
Anyway, thanks again and if anyone has any first hand experience with the Hitachi RB24EAP I would sure appreciate your opinion.
Be well all.

It is the EPA which is killing 2 strokes.
I think you lot are up to Tier 4, we are just going into Tier 2.
In 10 years time they will all be battery powered and 10 years after that they will realize the pollution from the old batteries is 2000 times as toxic as the effects of the miniscule amount of CO2 issued from hand helds.
The stuff they are dong with cars & trucks makes sense but the stuff they are doing with hand helds is plain dumb & stupid