no spark

davidvzx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a yard machine riding lawnmower- model is 13a0663f352 the engine is a tecumseh ohv155
theres no spark at the plug- i ohmed out the coil at 3.32 K ohms is that where its supposed to be?if so where else do i look to solve the spark issue? any idea would be great- my field was almost complete when it died- it does turn over so i know all the safety switches are working- thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure you have a known good spark plug. disconnect the ground wire coming off of the coil and then crank the engine watching for spark. if no spark then replace the coil. if you have spark then there is something wrong with the wiring on the mower like a shorted wire or a bad safety switch. I know you said all safety switches are working.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

cor

Forum Newbie
Threads
No Spark on my Yard machine riding 15.5 when key off the hot wire to coil shows hot. when turn the key on I get no fire to the coil. ? what do you think.
How do you test coil?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
No Spark on my Yard machine riding 15.5 when key off the hot wire to coil shows hot. when turn the key on I get no fire to the coil. ? what do you think.
How do you test coil?[/QUOTE

If you have 12 volts on the wire attached to the ignition module, then you either have a short in the wiring, or a bad key switch, most likely key switch. And if the ignition module has been subjected to 12 volts it is toast, and will need to be replaced, after you find the problem with the wiring. You should have continuity with the key off, but no voltage, and no continuity with the key on, and still no voltage, when tested with a multimeter.

if I am misunderstanding your post and meaning that you have continuity, then unplug the wire on the ignition module, and check for fire with a known good plug, If no fire then replace ignition module. if you have fire with the wire unplugged, then the problem is in the mowers wiring, IE, shorted wire to ground, bad safety switch, etc.