Husky 2600 psi-water won't come out

Pammy

Threads
Hello. I have a Husky 2600 psi pressure washer with a Honda GCV160 motor. The water will not come out of the wand. I removed the part that is attached to this submittal. I believe it is the unloader valve. The silver tip doesn't move in and out though. Is it just seized up that hard or is it not supposed to move?

Attachments

• PW unloader valve.jpg
    PW unloader valve.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

primerbulb120

Threads
Could you post a picture of the pump so I can see which pump you have?

My guess is that the part you took off is just fine, the majority of unloader valves aren't going to move by hand. Have you checked for obstructions in the hose and wand? If you disconnect the hose, does water come out?

Threads
Yes that is your unloader valve and from what you said it's froze up.... They can be fixed with patience... Or buy a new one.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

primerbulb120

Threads
Yes that is your unloader valve and from what you said it's froze up.... They can be fixed with patience... Or buy a new one.....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

How will a frozen unloader prevent water from flowing through the pump???

The unloader has two positions, and in both positions water is able to flow through the pump. If it's stuck in either position, water will still flow through the pump.

Explain?

Threads
I didn't mean that water wouldn't flow out of the pump........ He hasen't answered your question yet.....

When you engage the handle of the wand the pressure from the water compresses the spring loaded unloader valve and allows water to come out the wand at a high pressure .......

Unloader's of that type have a spring built inside or outside of them....... Usually they get stuck and just pop em with a hammer after spraying the shaft well with PB Blaster or Kroil.......

Some cases or a lost cause though........ A new one is in order then........

My 25 cents worth since 2 cents aint worth nothing anymore LOL..........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
What the unloader valve does is let the water circulate in a loop through the pump when you let off the guns trigger .. to prevent high pressure build-up which could damage the pump or people, it should NOT be adjusted, ( unless being replaced or repaired ) to try to increase the pressure from the nozzle, the NUMBER size, of the different color nozzles determines the tip pressure which is best attained by the use of a nozzle chart and an inline pressure gauge .

Remove the gun from the hose coming from the pump see if water is flowing , if it is, gun MAY be plugged up, then remove hose from the pump, if no water out of outlet, the pump is in need of repair or replacement. also be sure garden hose to pump is not plugged, and check the filter screen at inlet of garden hose connection.

Threads
Yes you are right Boo, but I didn't want to type all that............But you still don't want to run a washer for long periods without using the wand..........

I didn't think you were still awake Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes you are right Boo, but I didn't want to type all that............But you still don't want to run a washer for long periods without using the wand..........

I didn't think you were still awake Mon Ami ~!~!

Right ....... MOST pumps should NOT be .. NOT spraying, longer than 1-1/2 to 2 min. at the very most.

headed to check my eyelids for holes in just a few min. ..169a6283071cf7d34f59d3694f3f075a--emotion-faces-royalty-free-clipart.jpg

Pammy

Threads

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

How do I go about fixing it? I tapped it with a hammer (I wasn’t sure how hard I could hit it so I didn’t use much force)and it still doesn’t move.

Pammy

Threads
I want to thank all of you. I took each part off and ran water through it. The water now flows nicely.
2 more questions though if you don’t mind helping a woman in need...
There wasn’t an inlet water screen. Do all pressure washers have them? I would think so. There was a gasket but no screen. I’m thinking I need to by one.
There was what looked like calcification debris in the water that dripped out when I took the parts off. Is there something I can use to clean this up and maybe flush out the pump?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for educating me in the world of pressure washers.