Husky 2600 psi-water won't come out

primerbulb120

Threads
1. Yes, you need a filter screen. If you run it without one, you can get debris in the pump which will get stuck in some of the one-way valves and prevent them from closing.

2. If it were my pressure washer, I'd just use it and hope the calcium deposits get flushed out. Someone else may have a better answer.

Threads
I don't know which parts you took off. But some pumps have caps with internals below them and will pop out with water pressure.... Careful.........

Put the unloader valve back in and hook up the hoses..... Fire the engine up and see what happens.... I have one with no screen in the inlet side.......

Let us know Mon Amie.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pammy, by all means get the filter screen for the garden hose inlet, you might also consider an in-line pre-filter before the garden hose hookup to the pump, to this day I have never had to go inside a "pump" just the engines, as far as cleaning out the pump, I found this site which seems to be very knowledgeable about pressure washers, check out their videos and there are others on the you tube site as well, you're always welcome here with any thing you care to ask, ......... PLEASE keep us updated as to your progress .... :thumbsup: ..... Boobala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BFUiOpF0lI&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mGkOE6awms&t=101s

Here is a link to a download of a pressure washer parts catalog, it may help you in knowing your pressure washer parts and prices

https://www.e-digitaleditions.com/i/944187-2018-nilfisk-hpw-parts-accessories-catalog

Last edited:

Pammy

Threads
Ugh! Before starting the PW, I made sure the water was flowing all the way through the end of the wand with the tip on and it did. I then started the PW and no water would come out. I cut the motor off, took off the hose off at the pump connection and no water was coming out. Any suggestions? I’m thinking it’s time for a repair shop.:mad:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pammy, although as I stated earlier, I never had ocassion to go inside a PW pump, but I have seen guys working on them on the bench, and there are many youtube video's about rebuilding them, BUT I would never attempt a rebuild, without the CORRECT Service AND Parts manuals next to my bench, that said, I agree, if YOUR experience is limited, the repair center should be able to give you an ESTIMATE, and I would get at least 2, as always, ask anything you want, I'm sure there is a few members that have delved into these pumps, hopefully they will chime in... keep us updated though, and good luck, ..... Boo

Threads
Did you get the unloader valve unstuck ?? If not then that's why you don't have pressure........

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I am reading this correctly. You had water coming out of the pump before starting it, but when it started it basically stopped flowing water, am i correct. On some pumps this is a removable venturi behind the pressure hose connected that has a check valve. there is an O ring on the check valve that if sticks or gets a nick will basically lock the valve shut.

Pammy

Threads
Did you get the unloader valve unstuck ?? If not then that's why you don't have pressure........

No, I was hoping to get the house washed this one time and then get the part replaced. Obviously, I was disillusioned.

Pammy

Threads
If I am reading this correctly. You had water coming out of the pump before starting it, but when it started it basically stopped flowing water, am i correct. On some pumps this is a removable venturi behind the pressure hose connected that has a check valve. there is an O ring on the check valve that if sticks or gets a nick will basically lock the valve shut.

You are correct. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to see if that is something I can look at short of taking apart the pump. I am not at that skill level yet...:frown: If I could find a diagram of the pump, that would help. I just tried calling Husky and the number seems to be disconnected. Not a good sign.

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are correct. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to see if that is something I can look at short of taking apart the pump. I am not at that skill level yet...:frown: If I could find a diagram of the pump, that would help. I just tried calling Husky and the number seems to be disconnected. Not a good sign.

Pammy can you get and post any model information from your machine and several pics if possible, would be VERY helpful .....