Craftsman yt 3000 spraying gas from air filter

Scottrw

Threads
Great! I didn't think that would make the gas shoot out of the air filter. Ill look into the gasket then! thanks for the help!

Scottrw

Threads
well....bad news. I replaced the head gasket today and its still spraying gas out of the air filter. No change at all! Bummer

Threads
Like I said in another post/thread........ I am not getting/seeing new stuff on here..........

When you changed the gasket did you check your valves and such ???

Threads
There are more than a couple reasons for a carb spitting out gas...... That's why I wanted you to watch the video....

I thought I sent you a PM in your message box....

Let Us Know Mon Ami ..............

Threads
I hope you saved the head gasket ..............

If you did that's a good thing.... I want to see it .............

Mikel1

Threads
Sound like a carb flooding problem to me.

Scottrw

Threads
OK gents...I did not save the head gasket, it was shredded. However after it was replaced it continued to spray gas out of the previous mentioned areas but the gas no longer mixed with the oil, so thats a win! I bought a carb kit from Amazon and replaced the parts that came in the kit and viola it started right up! Only thing left is the exhaust is smoking after it has warmed up which I am going to attribute to the gas/oil that leaked out when the problem first started. Thanks for the help all in all I'm only out about 20 bucks for the whole repair!

Threads
OK gents...I did not save the head gasket, it was shredded. However after it was replaced it continued to spray gas out of the previous mentioned areas but the gas no longer mixed with the oil, so thats a win! I bought a carb kit from Amazon and replaced the parts that came in the kit and viola it started right up! Only thing left is the exhaust is smoking after it has warmed up which I am going to attribute to the gas/oil that leaked out when the problem first started. Thanks for the help all in all I'm only out about 20 bucks for the whole repair!

Great for you Mon Ami And thanks for Posting the FIXED reply .......... Be sure to check your oil again for gas intrusion....

You might have to change it again SOON... Don't take a chance on a good running engine.........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ............ If you need us again just HOLLA at us...........