Craftsman yt 3000 spraying gas from air filter

Scottrw

Threads
Hello, I have a a 2011 Craftsman YT 3000 21 HP riding mower 917.288528. Over the winter gas leaked out of it and onto the garage floor. I decided to wit until the spring to check into it further. When I try to start it gas is shooting out of the air filter. I also pulled the spark plug to check it and gas poured out. Any ideas of what I could check before i take it into the shop?

Thanks!

Threads
Well you probably have a Briggs OHV engine a model number is needed if it's a Briggs it's on top of the valve cover.....

Either its your carb leaking or a blown head gasket, which is very common on these engines..... Take the plug out of the boot and keep that wire well away from the plug hole when you spin it over......

FIRE can and will happen..........

Let us know Mon Ami ......

Scottrw

Threads
Engine model is331877 Tried with the plug out...gas sprays out of there as well.

Threads
keep her spinning till the gas is cleared out. Then put the plug back in and start it or try to start it....... Pull your dip stick first and check the oil for the smell of gas...

Let us know

Scottrw

Threads
keep her spinning till the gas is cleared out. Then put the plug back in and start it or try to start it....... Pull your dip stick first and check the oil for the smell of gas...

Let us know
I changed the oil earlier today and its already dark brown, smells of gas. fired up after the gas was out and it ran for about 30 seconds...poured white smoke out.

Threads
Blown head gasket most likely..... Do you have a fuel pump on that engine ?? Where is your gas tank at ??

Scottrw

Threads
No idea on the pump, but the fuel tank is behind and above the engine

Threads
Then you don't have a pump....... It's not needed it's gravity fed... Your fuel line should come from the tank directly to the carb with only a filter in line

Scottrw

Threads
Thats the way it looks to me. So gasket then?

Threads
Yes sir sorry to say......... Start it again and run it for 5 minutes then stop it and pull the dip stick and if it smokes then yes your gasket is shot.... It adds pressure to the crank case.....