Poor quality grass cut

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kev.
Are you running the wavy 3 in 1 blades on the Poulan ?
If so are you sure they are not on upside down ?
they should have "grass side" stamped into one side of the blades.
Also at the very tip there is a flute / sail / wing whatever you want to call it.
It must fact up on the mower as it is what creates the airflow that stands the blades of grass up to get cut then tosses them out the chute.
It is very very common to find them on upside down because of the mulching edge being sharp is on the back of the blade.

KEVIN MCCUNE

Threads
Kev.
Are you running the wavy 3 in 1 blades on the Poulan ?
If so are you sure they are not on upside down ?
they should have "grass side" stamped into one side of the blades.
Also at the very tip there is a flute / sail / wing whatever you want to call it.
It must fact up on the mower as it is what creates the airflow that stands the blades of grass up to get cut then tosses them out the chute.
It is very very common to find them on upside down because of the mulching edge being sharp is on the back of the blade.

You have a point, I have a new set of blades and after these "monsoon" rains are over ,I may install those critters if I can't live with the grass cut quality( may get my "lawn mower" genius nephew to speed the blades up a bit maybe 10% and perhaps I will drop the deck and clean it, the hose adapter thingy seems to do little about cleaning the deck, thanks foe the tips and a G'day to you,with all due respect( bought a water valve from some Aussies, that will allow you to draw down a water tank without cycling the pump to death-works perfectly)-Kevin

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well if your deck is plugged up with grass that can greatly affect cut quality.