Just picked up a Billy Goat 6.5hp B&S Yard Vacuum

meestahmarc

Threads
I just love showing up after being told the equipment runs perfectly, only to have the seller unable to start the unit. WTF.

Piece looked in great condition, but machine was starved for fuel. Seller tried to take it apart, while I was standing/waiting.

Got it running by putting gas into the carb bowl with the air filter off, but then the machine would ultimately just run out of fuel.

Finally, guy lowered the price and took $175... I was happy. Looking forward to wiping her off this weekend and cleaning up the float pin/carb.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bring a digital thermometer with me and let them know I want the engine dead cold to see how it really starts. If the engine has been warmed up I start asking for money off or walk away.

meestahmarc

Threads
haha... definitely thought about the seller that tries to warm up the engine before I get there. Bought a chipper/shredder with a B&S, dead cold. I vapor locked the engine moving it, but the forum helped me get it working. Went and looked at a ground blower two weeks ago and when I pull up, they were working on it. This ran rough as could be and for the money I was offering - decided to walk away.