Old Briggs & Stratton Quantum XM 50

mburkhill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello

I've just 'acquired' an old mower, with a Briggs & Stratton Quantum XM 50 engine and it seems to be in pretty good operational condition (I'm no expert!). I would like to keep it running well going forward, but being a complete newbie to petrol / gas mowers I need to find a bit of information online to get me going.

First off, it looks to be old. The Briggs & Stratton manual / handbook finder function doesn't recognise the model / type numbers: 2F807-087201 94081056

It would be useful to find the relevant manual somewhere so I can understand what I have got on my hands and find out how to best maintain it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Next up, the spark plug is a JIDICH L&T. I've now idea if this correct. Does anyone know the correct spark plug for my engine?

I imagine that I'll have quite a number of questions going forward, but if anyone can help me to get 'educated' on this engine, then I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Mark

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your correct model number is 12F807-0872-01 that should help you out

Spark plug would be either a J19LM champion or a B2LM in NGK for the most common plugs.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello

I've just 'acquired' an old mower, with a Briggs & Stratton Quantum XM 50 engine and it seems to be in pretty good operational condition (I'm no expert!). I would like to keep it running well going forward, but being a complete newbie to petrol / gas mowers I need to find a bit of information online to get me going.

First off, it looks to be old. The Briggs & Stratton manual / handbook finder function doesn't recognise the model / type numbers: 2F807-087201 94081056

It would be useful to find the relevant manual somewhere so I can understand what I have got on my hands and find out how to best maintain it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Next up, the spark plug is a JIDICH L&T. I've now idea if this correct. Does anyone know the correct spark plug for my engine?

I imagine that I'll have quite a number of questions going forward, but if anyone can help me to get 'educated' on this engine, then I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Mark

THese should be your engine Manuals, the info. you requested is in here ...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6NaqjIxWV1ycG8wd0s3Z2Q2X00/edit

http://hurcotech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2014-11-13-03-11-29-docfile-5.pdf

here is 1 place that you get parts from......

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/b...-engine-parts-c-16758_17347_17533_246720.html

AHHH, ...... just noticed you're in France .... These Manuals MAY NOT be for you particular engine ..????

Last edited:

mburkhill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks ILENGINE for the corrected model number and the spark plug details. The new number now works on the Briggs & Stratton manual finder and allows me to download the correct operating and maintenance instructions :smile:

Thanks Boobala for the links to the manuals. Your first link takes me to pretty much the same operating and maintenance instructions (slight regional variation at first glance).

So, with both of your help, I'm off to a good start. Thanks for your rapid responses. It's much appreciated.:cool2:

All the best

Mark

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks ILENGINE for the corrected model number and the spark plug details. The new number now works on the Briggs & Stratton manual finder and allows me to download the correct operating and maintenance instructions :smile:

Thanks Boobala for the links to the manuals. Your first link takes me to pretty much the same operating and maintenance instructions (slight regional variation at first glance).

So, with both of your help, I'm off to a good start. Thanks for your rapid responses. It's much appreciated.:cool2:

All the best

Mark

Keep us updated, the info YOU post, MAY help other's ..... later ...... :thumbsup: