Instrument screeen question on Tiger Cat 2

mac0822

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a Tiger 2 last year, new. I just got it out from hibernation (in Vermont). I noticed the oil pressure and temperature does not register on the screen. Just shows 0%/no bars. The battery %/bars registers, but not the others. This may have been the case since it was new, but i didnt notice.

Suggestions? Thank you

Last edited:

John R

Threads
My Tiger Cat II is the same, I just added a air filter restriction minder, and it works great.
As far as oil pressure, and engine temp, there for different models.

mac0822

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Tiger Cat II is the same, I just added a air filter restriction minder, and it works great.
As far as oil pressure, and engine temp, there for different models.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does the air filter restriction minder do?

So, you're saying my gauge is actually working correctly and if I wanted oil pressure and temp measured, I needed to buy a higher end model?

Thanks again!

John R

Threads
Not sure if oil, and temp can be added to the Tiger Cat II, the air filter minder will let you know when the air filter is starting to plug up and time for a filter change.
Not sure if the others can be added, I only found one extra plug coming out of the wire harness.

I think engine temp is for water cooled units, not sure about the oil pressure

Sweats

Threads
... And as much as I respect Kawi's and as much as I'm pleased with my Kohler, yadda yadda, I wish I could get the filter sensor. Bummer that it's not an option for my Kohler. I really like the concept from a maintenance standpoint, not to mention, let's face it; it makes the Tiger Eye even cooler.

John R

Threads
... And as much as I respect Kawi's and as much as I'm pleased with my Kohler, yadda yadda, I wish I could get the filter sensor. Bummer that it's not an option for my Kohler. I really like the concept from a maintenance standpoint, not to mention, let's face it; it makes the Tiger Eye even cooler.

Should be able to get it for Kohler, I believe it said on the box it was for both.

Sweats

Threads
Should be able to get it for Kohler, I believe it said on the box it was for both.

I'll dig around. I'd love to be wrong about this.

John R

Threads
Call the place and check, won't cost anything but a little time.