Cleaning Debries Under Fan Shroud

John R

Threads
How is the easiest and best way to clean all the grass and debris from under the fan shroud on a FX Kawasaki?

Someone told me there was a plug that could be removed to blow air in to push out dirt and grass that gets trapped under there, where is this plug?
I have an FX730V engine on my mower.

Thanks

Luffydog

Threads
I always pull the cover off that way I know I have it all cleaned out and not just moved from one spot to another. Takes a bit of time but cheaper than a new engine

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
On the newer Kawi engines there is a small cover on the top of each side of the engine held on by one bolt that gives reasonable access to blowing out debris. It's the small plastic plates that have "Kawasaki FX730V" on them. It won't replace pulling the shroud for a thorough cleaning but is handy for a quick inspection and blow-out.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I pull my Kaw 651V shroud every 50 hours, book says 100. It's been clean & that makes me happy.

FWIW: On the Kawasaki engines, you do not need to fully remove the hold down bolts, as the shroud has the holes opened on the bottom, so just loosen them, remove the top center grass clipper & metal thingie under it & carefully remove the shroud.

Once you do it, you will see it is pretty easy to do. And the peace of mind is worth it imo.

John R

Threads
Pulled the covers on both sides, it was clean as new, I always blow off the entire mower with compressed air when I'm done mowing,

Thanks for the help.