Auto feed help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because the line hits the object to get cut and just flexes pulls tighter on the spool the releases when the line passes the object it can not cut.
When the line flexes it is closer to the center of the head so has less centrifugal force, cause it is both closer and at an angle ( remember vectors at school ) thus the line tension reduces then when it runs perpendicular at the back where it is over the ground that has been cut.
Line that is too heavy also spins at an angle to the head because it reduces the top speed that the engine can drive.
Exactly the same as running with line that is too long.
An experienced operator will hear the engine reving harder when the line shortens or even feel it so know when to advance the line.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Because the line hits the object to get cut and just flexes pulls tighter on the spool the releases when the line passes the object it can not cut.
When the line flexes it is closer to the center of the head so has less centrifugal force, cause it is both closer and at an angle ( remember vectors at school ) thus the line tension reduces then when it runs perpendicular at the back where it is over the ground that has been cut.
Line that is too heavy also spins at an angle to the head because it reduces the top speed that the engine can drive.
Exactly the same as running with line that is too long.
An experienced operator will hear the engine reving harder when the line shortens or even feel it so know when to advance the line.
Got it, thanks.

mikehouse

Threads
Lots of info here.I'm inclined to agree with Beaudreaux about line being tangle,and Darryl G with the spring being compressed.Good ideas.I have. undone and rewound a couple of times,but probably too tight maybe.I'll use all these ideas next time i weedeat.

Lawn Addict
Threads
AND ...... when ya get a few extra "sheckles" put aside, ... think about gettin a "Speed-Feed" head .. :thumbsup:

Yes, well my Shindaiwa wacker came with a Speed Feed 400 head.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wind my line pretty snug. What you do need to be mindful of is trying to distribute the line across the whole width of the spool as you go so that the line closer to the end can't slip down and get trapped under the line further down.