GreenWorks 25213 Won't Turn Off

jaystizo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can help me with my problem. My mower wouldn't start and in trying, it would trip the breaker. I googled the fix and was told replacing the rectifier would fix the issue. I ordered the part and replaced it but now, the mower will automatically turn on when I plug it in. I don't even have to hit the start button and pull and/or hold the lever. I know I installed all the wires back in their original locations since I took a photo of it. Anyone know why this is happening? Do I have a bad replacement rectifier?

Thanks in advance,
Jay

MowerMike

Threads
The only thing that I can think of is that you fused the contacts on your start switch when your old rectifier short circuited and tripped the breaker. This would cause the mower to remain in the On state, such that it would start running immediately when you plug the cord into a live AC outlet. Trace the wires from the start switch and check them for a closed circuit (zero Ohms). If so, then you will need to replace your start switch assembly.

UBI

Forum Newbie
Threads
The only thing that I can think of is that you fused the contacts on your start switch when your old rectifier short circuited and tripped the breaker. This would cause the mower to remain in the On state, such that it would start running immediately when you plug the cord into a live AC outlet. Trace the wires from the start switch and check them for a closed circuit (zero Ohms). If so, then you will need to replace your start switch assembly.
MowerMike,

Is it possible to fix the start switch after it fused. I like diy if possbile than just get a new assembly.