Introduction

jmuzzy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I found my way here looking for help with my Honda Harmony HRB215 HRX. I got it for free from my father in law and it wasn’t running. It’s been an adventure to get it running, and then to get it running well! Things I did initially:
1. Replaced the carburetor
2. Adjusted the valve lash spacing
3. Replaced the spark plug
4. Replaced the paper and foam air filters
4. Changed the oil
5. Sharpened the blades

I got it running but it seemed to be running at too low of an RPM. After a few weeks it ran worse and worse. I couldn’t engage the blade clutch without killing the engine so I had to start it with the clutch engaged. I kept readjusting the valve lash spacing many times thinking I got it wrong or they were going out of adjustment. I finally pulled the spark plug and it was absolutely covered in black carbon! I think from running too rich and too slow. It actually ran much better with the old spark plug.

So I bought a Treysit so I could check the RPMs and it was low - around 2600 instead of 3100. I also noticed one of the carburetor posts wasn’t turned far enough into the head so air might have been leaking around the carb. I fixed that, adjusted the idle speed and governor spring and voila! It cruises along at 3100 RPM shredding grass perfectly!

So I’m pretty happy to have a composite deck mower with commercial Honda engine and micro cut blades for awesome mulching. It’s kind of twisted but I enjoy mowing even more knowing I’m using a mower I brought back to life!

Happy mowing!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Happy to have you as a member of the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.