No forward or reverse movement

Guinnessblues

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a John Deere D130 about 4/5 years old.
While I was in the middle of mowing, all of a sudden no movement forward/reverse. Parking brake off, Pin pushed in at the rear to engage. With pin pushed in or pulled out, I am able to roll machine.
Any ideas while I drive all the way in the back to tow it up?
Thanks.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi,
I have a John Deere D130 about 4/5 years old.
While I was in the middle of mowing, all of a sudden no movement forward/reverse. Parking brake off, Pin pushed in at the rear to engage. With pin pushed in or pulled out, I am able to roll machine.
Any ideas while I drive all the way in the back to tow it up?
Thanks.

No noise ??, no smell ?? no smoke ?? .. no warning of any kind ?? did you run over or hit something ?? well with little info all I can think, is possibly a broken belt, or your trans decided to go on a vacation ....... FOREVER !

Guinnessblues

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, no noise, no smell, no smoke. I've got it back up to the house. Now, when it stops raining, I will check the belts. Thanks guys.

Guinnessblues

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, apparently, a small branch got caught up in the belt and knocked the drive belt off the rear pulley. I am trying to wrangle it back on without taking anything apart. We'll see if that's successful .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
there is a long bolt that acts as a belt keeper on the right side ( when sitting on the mower ).
I think it is a 10 mm with an allen depression in the head.
A MFSOB to get to as you can only turn it 1 flat at a time.
The too that worker was one of those right angle drives that take screwdriver bits.

Guinnessblues

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yup, that bolt was the pig, and finally got the belt back on. Thanks to all for their input.