Engine "Type" number decode

Rideau1

Threads
Where can one find what B&S "TYPE" numbers mean?

I have found info on model numbers and code numbers but haven't seen type number info.

Thanks for your input.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the information the "TYPE" numbers supplies ( info of mechanical parts, color of paint, decals. governor speed,& OEM Manufacturer ) I'm sure it would take BOOKS to supply that info, because the mower manufacturer tells Briggs ... "THIS".. is the type and size motor of this model engine (specs I want for the Orange model only .. but change the carburetor size for the Purple model, and raise the governed speed of this larger engine in the Orange one, ) .............. get the idea .. ???? Briggs MAY have all that info in a filing system of some "type" .. micro-fiche from way back, up to cd or dvd disc these days, and I'm sure it would take up a lot of "room" wherever or whatever it's stored on, ( and after a certain number of years they to no longer provide "support" for manuals & parts etc. ) so God only knows where, or if, it's available to the general public . I would venture to say if Briggs had taken Henry Ford's saying, ... "you can get my model "T" Ford in ANY color YOU want, ..... so long as it's BLACK ! had briggs made an engine, ( say 7 HP. ) and told the manufacturers here it is, ! AS IS !! make YOUR mower FIT MY ENGINE ! However I can also give you a 9 HP, an 11.5 HP and up to 30 HP, but each HP engine will be a "BASIC" engine with always the same carburetor, ignition, shroud, etc. for that HP engine, Things may have turned out differently ...... ??

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you go to the briggs web site and download the parts book you sill see the different parts that are used to make the different type codes.
AFAIK these is no decoding to them but I am not a B & S authorised technician so would not be privy to it if there was.
IF you go to Jacks or parts tree and search your model number, it will bring up a list of all they type codes for that model with the equipment it was filled to.

Threads
Rideau........... I remember you from last month....... How is the 12 HP freshen up going Mon Ami ????

Rideau1

Threads
Rideau........... I remember you from last month....... How is the 12 HP freshen up going Mon Ami ????

No progress to report. I'll post when I get it apart. I've had a bit of a reprieve as I got my friends old 8 HP rider working(it's worn out).
I'm in the process of working on an old puller tractor for myself so it's now my priority.

a bientot (can't get the accents)