New Promaster 310 owner looking for basic information

dgarvin711@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New Promaster 310 owner looking for basic information
I just purchased a Gravely PM310 that was used residentially with only 473 hours. I think it's about 15 years old but know nothing about the machine other than it seems to run fine. Please share your thoughts about this machine. For example: are there weaknesses I should heed, operation and maintenance tricks, or general machine quality/satisfaction?

Thank you for your help. I will be using it for about 3 acres of level mixed grass but won't be there often to mow, meaning the grass will sometimes be 6 - 8 inches tall.

Darren

dwb25

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Darren, I am guessing by now you have learned quite a bit about this mower. I have one and love it. It is a great mowing machine. I am actually looking for some information that I hope you'd be willing to help me with. Mine is in need of a hydraulic pump. I have had a hard time matching the correct pump because the Hydro Gear pump number is faded/worn from the label. Is it possible that you could look at yours to see if the number is legible? It should begin with BDP- . Thank you so much in advance!

David

dgarvin711@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm sure you fixed your pump by now. I downloaded a parts PDF for the mower and it lists everything. Do you have this? Also, my local dealer is very helpful at pinpointing and matching. Fortunately for me the pump was replace not long before I bought the machine. I have one recent issue is my mower deck wheel (rim) gave way to rust on the weekend. I was quoted $230 Canadian dollars for the 5" wheel which comes as an assembly (with the rubber and the rim) even-though I only need the rim. I am starting to look for jobber parts...