Allis is not well need advice

red-oak

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Allis 912 hydyo with a koler 12 hp it will start an idle for as long as i idle it but take it off idle it runs like normal for about 2 to 3 mins then slowly cuts out an stops. I can start it right up again an it will do it all over again. So fare have tryed to adjust carb flow setting and idle mixture screw. flushed the fuel system , removed carb and cleaned it. tryde to adjust the points. I did get it stuck in a mudy hole and pressuer washed it ran fine before I gave Ally a bath. have had it run for more than an hour on idle only to dry her out if water was the prob ? anny sugestions she is an aprox a 1970 model

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you had the carb off did you remove and clean the float bowel?
Also is the float set correctly? It sounds like you are starving for fuel...

I like those old AC garden tractors, it seems to me they had a opposite rotating deck, kind of unique. Great mowing machines :smile: KennyV

red-oak

Forum Newbie
Threads

I like those old AC garden tractors, it seems to me they had a opposite rotating deck, kind of unique. Great mowing machines :smile: KennyV

Yes that is the one with the opposite rotating deck I do not have anny specs on it but i clean the float bowel and never moved the tang on the float. I t was running fine before so figguered the dirt or sediment on the bottom of the bowel might have beeen the prob. I have oedered a set of points for it as they seam to not be opening very much i FIGGUER 20 THOU should be close. I started it up today started fine an ran strong for about two mins then quit. I'm off to try to seeif i can open the float a bit. thanx for your sugestion

jimbo64

Threads

i agree=its starving for fuel- did you change the filter, try blowing out the fuel lines and see how long it will run-------------------let us know----------

red-oak

Forum Newbie
Threads
After playing around with hte float setting and making shuer it was not starving for fuel. Still ran for a few short mins then quit. So late last night I took a can of wd-40 and sprayed the coil an spark plug wire. Restarte it an it ran good for a half hour? this is an odd one to that I can't explain as it is running fine now orered new points coil an plug wire willl change spark plug as well. thanks for all your helpfull avice it gave me suport an good help

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The points in those old Kohler single cylinder engines will last for decades :smile: as long as the condenser and coil is ok... KennyV