Mower Blade On Correctly?

tsfrance

Threads
Hello. I have bought a older Craftsman 21 inch mower to kick around with and just use to cut weeds. Im in the Nevada desert and this is the third mower I own. A Cub Cadet, a Husqvarna for my lawn and now this older one for junk weeds. It does not seem to run at very high power but it does run well. It is a 3.5 HP. Anyway, I bought a new blade for it and Im not sure if i have it on correctly or not. It's surely is not a clean cut. The blade did not have a stamp on it that said, grass side down. Anyway here is a link to a photo so I would appreciate it if someone can take a look at it and let me know if it's on correctly. Thank you.

Aslo, the blade is very dull for being new but I guess that seems to be normal and OK from all I have read. Thanks again.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/BJzjObSKOMmJXL1fvW5whxlHDUWSQyUOCBDQn8XAn2z

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
blades have a flute or sail on the end .
It is designed to force air up towards the top of the mower so they go up.
Name tag is usually on the top so it usually goes towards the mower.

tsfrance

Threads
blades have a flute or sail on the end .
It is designed to force air up towards the top of the mower so they go up.
Name tag is usually on the top so it usually goes towards the mower.

I was watching a youtube video and he was talking about what you call the flute or sail but I think he called it a wing. I don't see it on this blade. I have the name tag pointing towards the ground so that would be incorrect? Thanks.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, that's definitely upside down. The ground part of the edge should be facing up. It does have a "sail" but not a very pronounced one.

cashman

Threads
The cutting edge of the blade goes toward the discharge of the mower deck.

tsfrance

Threads
Thanks everyone. I will flip it around later today.