Zero Turn Left Gear Issue

Shawn R.

Threads
Z-Force 44 (53AA5B6L710, 53AA5B6L712, 53AA5B6L709) - Cub Cadet Zero-Turn Mower, Kohler

A few years ago someone gave my dad a Zero Turn because it wasn't working. About a week ago he had someone come out to pick it up so that they could fix it. When they brought it back, it was working. They showed me how to handle and operate it. The next day I began cutting grass with the Zero Turn and after about 15-20 minutes, the left gear stopped working. I could hear a whining noise under the mower every time I pushed the gear forward. Pulling it back towards me produced no noise but it still didn't work. We contacted the guy who worked on it and explained the situation.

He was saying to find the tube that goes to the transmission and pour some 5W-30 motor oil into it but I had no way of knowing how much fluid was in it because there is no dipstick for the transmission. So, I didn't mess around with it. I'll let him do it whenever he shows up.

I just checked the oil and found that it was about a third of the way full. So, I added some 5W-30 (also used for the transmission) as he instructed and noticed that the oil level went down instead of up which is very strange. So, I stopped adding oil and cranked it up and was surprised to find that the left gear was working all of a sudden. I drove it all over the yard for about 5 minutes and the left gear worked but it was still making that whining noise. We're going to have the guy who fixed it check it out. I just hope it's nothing too serious. Has anyone experienced this kind of issue?

Shawn R.

Threads
Z-Force 44 (53AA5B6L710, 53AA5B6L712, 53AA5B6L709) - Cub Cadet Zero-Turn Mower, Kohler

The guy never showed up. I guess he either forgot about us or he's extremely busy. The left gear is no longer working. Does anyone know where I'm supposed to add the 5W-30? He said it's a tube that goes to the transmission.

Shawn R.

Threads

Does anyone know where I'm supposed to add the 5W-30? He said it's a tube that goes to the transmission.

neetan

Threads
Take it to a Cub Cadet Zero-Turn dealer, last thing you want is to buy a new one. JMO Good luck

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can not find any information on what transmissions are actually fitted to your fathers mower.
Go to the mower and have a good look around the left & right transmission units.
There should be a sticker on them somewhere with the makers name and hopefully a model number.

you then need to go to the transmission maker to find service information on the transmissions.
Most parts diagrams I looked at listed the transmission listed them as unavailable which I fear is why the mower was given to your dad in the first place.

I use Mulligans for most tranny parts

Shawn R.

Threads
I can not find any information on what transmissions are actually fitted to your fathers mower.
Go to the mower and have a good look around the left & right transmission units.
There should be a sticker on them somewhere with the makers name and hopefully a model number.

you then need to go to the transmission maker to find service information on the transmissions.
Most parts diagrams I looked at listed the transmission listed them as unavailable which I fear is why the mower was given to your dad in the first place.

I use Mulligans for most tranny parts

The guy came yesterday and picked up the mower. He'll figure out what the problem is.