Push mower surging idle

Threads
Old threads that have been solved help other people on here.... That's why they stay up.... When you google a problem worded like yours this thread will pop up no matter how old it is...... It;s a library on here for sure...

Like a garden forum I am on....... We had 6 years of very valuable information on there and one touch of a button erased everything. on there and we tried and tried to get it back up, but to no avail. So Donald the Web Cajun started a new one and with the help of the founding members contacted everyone to re sign on the new one.....

Luckily I had a few hundred email addresses and phone numbers in my book to let them know.... We have people from all over the U.S. and overseas on our forum........ It was a small forum started right here in South Louisiana and grew world wide........... If you are into gardening google Bayou Gardener forum and sign up... It's free..

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Hexxus

Threads
Bummer. I am more of a computer repair man than small engine repair so I understand what you're getting at.
Surely the administrators have a monthly backup of the SQL db scheduled but if not, i'd really suggest it be done. And then those backups saved in multiple secured locations. Like you get a copy, the admin, etc.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Contry to popular belief, servers cost money to run and a proper back up routine cost even more.
From the servers point of view, the content is free so it cost nothing to replace..
It is just a medium to draw eyeballs which look at add which pays the bills.

There are sites that used to try and archive what is on the net like the Wayback machine but now days the volume is so big it just can not be done.
Just like "cloud computing" any one who does not make or keep copies of what they consider is valuable material deserves to loose everything they have found or were too cheap to archive themselves.
Now days personal size storage is so cheap it is not funny .
I play with old Pommie motorcycles and have 5 hard discs around 100Gb a piece full of data pulled down from web pages & forums.
Back in 2000 ? when Geocities went down it became obvious that one has to look after one self cause nobody else will so from then on it was archive everything.

Threads
Bert our gardener site was ad free so we paid for it..... Members did not have to pay to join though... It is still free to join....

Donald was doing a new format style to change the look of the pages......... He hit the wrong button....... Even the company we had the forum could not do anything to help us... They did try for a whole week to get it back up and running...

No traces of it anywhere ......... Oh well we are back again and strong for the last 2 or 3 years... Dedicated members of the Bayou Gardener Forum will not quit.........

Hexxus

Threads
Backup solutions DO cost money IF you go that route.

This website is the property of the owner and they have access to everything they need to perform a backup.
There are online services that store data for free but really the owner could just save it to their own computer OR email it to themselves. Long as they password protect the file and don't lose it, this website would never have a problem like that again.

I'm sure that isn't really a problem anymore seeing as what happened last time.