Toro Vs Country Clipper

dashbarron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Brand new to this business. Looking to get a zero turn mower. Have about 3 acres to mow, extremely sandy, very uneven ground, lots of moles that keep reoccurring even with grub treatment and traps.

The only real dealers near by are Country Clipper and Toro. There's Kabuto, but I think any option from them is probably out of my price range.

Looking to get a mower that's going to take a lot of ground abuse. I really liked the Country Clipper idea because of the desk's center pivot on the XLT < models. But they don't seem to be as popular as a brand, and at least according to advertiment, everyone has some sort of 10 gauge or 7 gauge hybrid deck, while they only do 12.

Ideas?

txzrider2

Threads
Brand new to this business. Looking to get a zero turn mower. Have about 3 acres to mow, extremely sandy, very uneven ground, lots of moles that keep reoccurring even with grub treatment and traps.

The only real dealers near by are Country Clipper and Toro. There's Kabuto, but I think any option from them is probably out of my price range.

Looking to get a mower that's going to take a lot of ground abuse. I really liked the Country Clipper idea because of the desk's center pivot on the XLT < models. But they don't seem to be as popular as a brand, and at least according to advertiment, everyone has some sort of 10 gauge or 7 gauge hybrid deck, while they only do 12.

Ideas?

I have an older 38 inch Country Clipper and have been unable to hurt the mower... however I have gone through 2 briggs 20hp single cyl engines. I really love the flip up deck and mine has the joystick steering which I love as well.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are using them in the conditions you described, you better get a second set of blades in on the deal. Ground abuse and sandy conditions, plus 3 acres will eat those blades up in less than a year.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having a good rep local Dealer is important, I would say. Something to consider anyhow.

And having formerly lived in Fla, w/sandy conditions, I agree w/ Rivets, the sand will eat blades.

freber

Forum Newbie
Threads

Ideas?

recently purchased the Boulevard unit from Harry's lawn in Millmont Pa, worst investment ever. tried to mow our back bank twice, the first time It slid down and hit a support post, i attempted a second time making sure the grass was dry, same result. My wife refuses to get on it now. The dealer told me I should have had the XLT model for banks, something he should have told me before purchasing. Rob at Clipper said it was between the dealer and myself. so now I have a 4,200 radius mower sitting in my garage that I put less than 5 hours on. Clipper and harry's offer to buy it back for 3,300.

blip

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark Frontrunner 52" that has done a great job for about 8 years mowing about 3 acres. Have started looking at new mowers & am having a hard time finding anything as good as what I have. Looking at Country Clipper mainly because it has a deck that can be raised like my current unit. Am I nuts thinking of switching to CC?

freber

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark Frontrunner 52" that has done a great job for about 8 years mowing about 3 acres. Have started looking at new mowers & am having a hard time finding anything as good as what I have. Looking at Country Clipper mainly because it has a deck that can be raised like my current unit. Am I nuts thinking of switching to CC?

I tried to mow our bank twice both times I ended up in the back of our garage, I called Harry's where I purchased and told them I needed something different. The first time the grass was a little wet, but the second time bone dry. I do not consider our bank that steep. They wanted to deduct 800 dollars for a trade on an XLT model, which is what they said I should have had. This was the first there was a mention of needing something different for our bank. I called Rob at Clipper and he told me he could not do anything different than Harry's. So now I have a 4200 dollar paperweight sitting in my garage with 5 hours I put on it. I tried to trade to another dealer but he said he could not give as much because the warranty could not be honored since he was not a clipper dealer. This company is selling demos with more hours on it for 3800 but want to give me 3300. It would be different if I was informed of how dangerous this was on a hill but never any mention of that. I have not used it since.

jclong22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried to mow our bank twice both times I ended up in the back of our garage, I called Harry's where I purchased and told them I needed something different. The first time the grass was a little wet, but the second time bone dry. I do not consider our bank that steep. They wanted to deduct 800 dollars for a trade on an XLT model, which is what they said I should have had. This was the first there was a mention of needing something different for our bank. I called Rob at Clipper and he told me he could not do anything different than Harry's. So now I have a 4200 dollar paperweight sitting in my garage with 5 hours I put on it. I tried to trade to another dealer but he said he could not give as much because the warranty could not be honored since he was not a clipper dealer. This company is selling demos with more hours on it for 3800 but want to give me 3300. It would be different if I was informed of how dangerous this was on a hill but never any mention of that. I have not used it since.
Do you still have the clipper with 5 hours on it?

DWSarow

Threads
Sounds to me your dealer was not knowledgeable,wanted a quick sale and when you contacted him about safety, he wanted to beat you up thru your pocket book.Shame on him.I'm from the old school,this is not acceptable.