Bobcat CRZ 42 Scalping

Gregegg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone is having or had problems with the CRZ 42" deck on the Bobcat? My experience is that the cut has quite noticeable ridges and scalps particularly noticeable when cutting below 2". I have asked Schiller and they have recommended an 'Anti-scalp Kit, but my dealer has tried to fit but found the the left anti-scalp wheel hits the front wheel and therefore dangerous if fitted.

I've asked Schiller for a solution and waiting for their response. I do like the fundamentals of this machine, built solid and and nice large fuel tank. Please advise any solution or experience that you might have. It should be noted that the larger decks (ie 48" that has the anti-scalp wheels) cannot be fitted to this chassis.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I read this like 6 times making sure you said what I thought you said. I see why no one has answered. So let's see if I can explain why it would scalp at that low of a cutting height. Any deck that is that wide will have to scalp your uneven yard. It can do not but that even with anti-scalp wheels installed. If you look at the equipment that is used on a golf course you may be able to understand. In the ruff and fairway, they use rotary mowers that are wide decks and cut the grass taller.JD Rotary.jpg
On the greens, they use Reel mower that has multiple smaller mowing heads that follow the contour of the land and allow cutting grass shorter.JD Reel.jpg

So in closing your wide rotary deck is not meant to cut grass that short unless you have a perfectly smooth yard.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It should be noted that the larger decks (ie 48" that has the anti-scalp wheels) cannot be fitted to this chassis.

I'm confused. Bob-Cat shows deck sizes up to 61 inches as being available on the CRZ. But in general, the larger the deck the more prone it will be to scalping, so I doubt you would gain anything going with a larger deck with the anti-scalp wheels.