First post, buying opinions please

Chicken Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone. First post for me. I like this site.

I am thinking of a new ZTR. My old Husky RZ4619 is 9 years old, and it is getting tired. It has been headaches (head gasket, pulleys, charging system, carb, tires, pto clutch etc...) from day one, but I keep using it, but the time is here to consider something else. It was a real residential mower that I use on my residential property that has more obstacles, bumps, roots, stones, thick grass than most "normal" lawns would. It is probably 2.5-3 acres total all cut up into different parcels. It is a farm.

My question is this. I am considering (so far) an eXmark quest s, a Hustler raptor sd, and a Scag freedom z. All are priced similar based on options. The exmark dealer is about 10 minutes away and I use them for other equipment. Good guys. The Scag dealer is about 35 minutes away and I don't know them, but they have a good reputation. Hustler dealer is about an hour away again with a good rep. I am trying to stay as much under $5k as I can, and the Scag is pushing it. I like the Kawasaki engines, and I am leary of the "eXmark branded" engine. I have been researching the options, brands, engines until my eyes start to bleed!!!

Any suggestions, thoughts, experiences. I am still holding the Husky together with spit & duct tape so I'm in no big rush. They are all offering a zero% financing right now. I just want to hear what some others have to say. I would jump on the eXmark if it had a Kawasaki, because I like the dealer, it is a good brand, and they are close. The Hustler seems to get pretty good reviews, but it is an hour away, and the scag starts to get pricy, but if it is worth it for a few hundred more, I might jump.

Help!

Thanks.