Model ID for diagram

06compound

Threads
Yes there was enough of the original harness, but last night i stated rewiring it. The battery is not charging, lights aren't getting power and i found a few chafed wires.

I found 2 safety switches that were all wrapped up in tape. They look to be the PTO and clutch brake switch according to the diagram. But the diagram shows 1 orange wire running through those switch and there is more then one wire ruining through them. They both have 2 orange wires (in and out I'm guessing), one switch has 2 yellow wires and the other switch has 3 or 4 yellow wires, i can't remember off the top of my head. I'll have to see where those yellow wires run to.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes there was enough of the original harness, but last night i stated rewiring it. The battery is not charging, lights aren't getting power and i found a few chafed wires.

I found 2 safety switches that were all wrapped up in tape. They look to be the PTO and clutch brake switch according to the diagram. But the diagram shows 1 orange wire running through those switch and there is more then one wire ruining through them. They both have 2 orange wires (in and out I'm guessing), one switch has 2 yellow wires and the other switch has 3 or 4 yellow wires, i can't remember off the top of my head. I'll have to see where those yellow wires run to.

When I was in the A.F. I did quite a bit of rewiring on certain components, after I got out I was still in aviation, again rewiring components, and the MAIN wire harness's used ALL one color wire WHITE ! ... good thing we had "stick-on - numbers" even with that, it was a tedious task to do.
and usually the sub-components had color wires but after you build 10 or more, the next 50 aren't so bad ..:confused2:

06compound

Threads
I'm in the infantry, so i dont need to know that smart stuff haha.

I ordered a new stator today, some of the coils on it looked burned.

When i removed the flywheel bolt, i found a flywheel key in the bolt hole. After going over this thing, i just dont understand some people way of fixing things, it looks like garbage. Some people shouldn't be aloud to work on things.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm in the infantry, so i dont need to know that smart stuff haha.

I ordered a new stator today, some of the coils on it looked burned.

When i removed the flywheel bolt, i found a flywheel key in the bolt hole. After going over this thing, i just dont understand some people way of fixing things, it looks like garbage. Some people shouldn't be aloud to work on things.

AMEN !!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Go back to the beginning to the wiring diagrams I posted.
You will see that in those diagrams the Brake & PTO switch both have 4 wires.
The yellow wires should be the magneto kill wires and the orange ones are the cranking circuit.

06compound

Threads
Go back to the beginning to the wiring diagrams I posted.
You will see that in those diagrams the Brake & PTO switch both have 4 wires.
The yellow wires should be the magneto kill wires and the orange ones are the cranking circuit.

Thank you, i had a different diagram i was looking at.

06compound

Threads
So I rewired it and its working so far. The engine will die now when i turn the key off. I would like to check that the battery is charging, but I'm not sure what wire to check. So which write do i check to see that the battery is getting a charge?

Attachments

• 20180521_115527.jpg
    20180521_115527.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Connect a VOLTmeter across the battery terminals while the engine is running, should have 12V. or better at idle and about 12.9 or higher at FULL throttle.

06compound

Threads
I tried that, but i already had 12.xx volts from battery worth the engine off. I fired up the mower to see if there was a change in voltage, but there was like a .3 drop in voltage with the engine running.