HRR216 VKA belt replacement and possible other issue

madweazl

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HRR216 VKA belt replacement and possible other issue
Was mowing some taller grass at our new place yesterday and the mower bogged down. I raised the front wheels but the mower remained at a lower RPM and blows some black smoke (running really rich at lower RPM I assume). I was exactly sure what was wrong but noticed the belt was exceptionally loose as well. The belt guard at the transmission is different than those I was able to find on youtube and the like and I'm not sure how to remove it.

As for the low RPM operation, any recommendations on what to look at in that regard? Grass length was about 5-6" tall where I hit the high spot. Regardless of loose belt, I would figure the engine RPM would come back up. Spinning the blade by hand, there seems to be more resistance than I would expect.

HRR216K9VKAA MZCG-9645XXX

Last edited:

madweazl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fired it up today and it runs just fine but I'd still like to know how to remove the belt guard on the transmission end.

Rich M.

Threads
Fired it up today and it runs just fine but I'd still like to know how to remove the belt guard on the transmission end.

Check on Youtube.. Repair Clinic has a video on the belt change.

madweazl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check on Youtube.. Repair Clinic has a video on the belt change.

They arent applicable to this specific model. I snapped a picture but dont have the requisite number of posts to link it yet.

Rich M.

Threads
They arent applicable to this specific model. I snapped a picture but dont have the requisite number of posts to link it yet.

You can trying checking with forum member Robert@Honda. He normally has a lot of info on the varous models.

FYI: I have tried reaching out to him earlier in the week, but i have not received a reply back. Perhaps he has taken the family on a nice vacation.

madweazl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alright, thanks for the info.