Cub Cadet 1030 Mow in Reverse

Nitro_Salmon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I just purchased a cub cadet 1030 which runs great. I need help finding out how to disable the safety switch for mowing in reverse. Currently it shuts the mower down if the deck is engaged.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Under the foot boards there is a plug with a plunger tha gets depresses when you push the reverse pedal. undo it.

Normally I discourage defeating any safety feature but the MIR one is a joke.
If you are stupid enough to mow your grass with live wires lying on the grass then hopefully you will prove Darwin correct before you have a chance to reproduce.
\If you are stupid enough or irresponsible enough to mow with toddlers or babys in the area then you should not be allowed to be in charge of any child period.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There’s a reason it is called a safety switch. Do you know the reason?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To be honest Rivets I can see no earthly reason why it is unsafe to mow when going backwards on a tractor style mower yet safe to do the same on a ZTR.

Apart from running over something like a hose or live power wire the only other safety point would be running off a ledge, edge or similar and rolling the mower over.

On a few big wheeled Garden Tractors you could potetially run over a very small child between the wheels so not notice it till too late but again if you are that careless you should never be allowed to have children in the first place.
Even more perplexing is the steering wheeled ZTR's.
Most are identical to the lap bar models but the steering wheeled ones have a MIR lock out and the identical lap bar ones don't
No logic in that whatsoever.
AS you would have noticed I do not believe is dissabling safety devices in general and seat switches in particular but MIR is totally illogical.

The assumption is some numb nuts with a really sharp legal rep got a massive payout for doing something that in reallity should have had them serving time.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert, in some ways I agree with you, but as a tech and instructor I must warn against the disabling of any safety switch. I know they can be a pain, but here in the states I MUST make sure that every safety device is in place before it leaves the shop door. This causes the customer to pay more and have had more than one argument over the bill and work done. If they customer does not want a safety switch in working order, our insurance say no work is to be done on the unit, period send it out the door. If work has been done, when we discover the fault and the customer does not want us to make it right, we stop and will not complete the job. Yes many of these rules are illogical and a pain, but they were created by an illogical government to cover their butt and protect illogical customers. It like the safety decal on our snowblowers: DO NOT OPERATE IN THE RAIN.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And by the way, nothing leaves my workshop with any dissabled safety switch either, for the same reason, I have public liability insurance too and they have the same rules over here.
However when they go back I do inform customers where they are & how they work.
If they dissable them that is their business.
The exception to this is seat switches
I don't charge for reconnecting them .