Mower deck Raise mower height on John Deere 180

hillm1234

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought an old JD180 earlier this year with a 46" mower deck on it. I've been happy with it. Only problem so far was a worn out steering link ball joint that was easy enough to replace.

The only other problem is that even though the highest mower deck setting is supposed to be a 4" cut height, I don't seem to be anywhere near that height. I have St Augustine grass, which doesn't do real well if it's cut too low. I'd like to mow at least an inch higher than the highest mower deck setting, but I don't see a real good way to raise the deck any higher. Short of getting larger wheels, does anyone have any suggestions?

Black Bart

Threads
I bought an old JD180 earlier this year with a 46" mower deck on it. I've been happy with it. Only problem so far was a worn out steering link ball joint that was easy enough to replace.

The only other problem is that even though the highest mower deck setting is supposed to be a 4" cut height, I don't seem to be anywhere near that height. I have St Augustine grass, which doesn't do real well if it's cut too low. I'd like to mow at least an inch higher than the highest mower deck setting, but I don't see a real good way to raise the deck any higher. Short of getting larger wheels, does anyone have any suggestions?

If you look under the right side you will see a bolt that requires a 9\16 wrench turn that nut down it will raise the deck about 3 inches.
I have a 180 my deck will raise about 6 inches off the ground..