Craftsman DLS 3500 deck leveling

Dennis66

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm just trying to make sure I understand this all correctly as I've ordered the wrong parts before trying to correct the steering. (oops) It sounds like this is a common problem and maybe Craftsman has a replacement part to fix the issue but, I cannot for the life of me get the deck lid to level properly. I thought I read while searching that you can just order the exact same part that goes on the left to adjust the height and place it on the right side, that way you can adjust both sides? Has anyone done this and was it fairly straightforward doing the install yourself? I see on repair clinic (Craftsman lawn mower shaft 532195270). Does that sound correct? Thanks guys so much for any information!

Dennis

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dennis,
DLS 3500 means nothing to any body but the salesman who sold you the mower.
We need the model number from the tag under the seat to check to do any checking.

Next you do not level the deck pressing , you level the blades.

Finally the part number you gave was for the front drag link which is used to change the pitch, or attack angle of the blades front back not left right.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome Dennis- I had that very same model, & I did get a 2nd adjustable link (same as the the one it came with) & it does fit the other side on the frame to deck no problem.

So you can easily adjust either rear side of that model, should have came that way, but it didn't. The swap is simple.

And agree with Bert for precise leveling, ALWAYS measure off the blade tips on flat surface, but only after verifying the tires are filled to spec psi.