Oil drain plug size on FC420V - replace with Drainzit

dgiddens

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Oil drain plug size on FC420V - replace with Drainzit
I have a Kawasaki FC420V on my Scag walk behind that I bought new back in 2000. I want to replace the oil drain plug with an oil drain hose from Drainzit, but I don't know what size to buy. They carry several sizes for metric and standard. I've called several Scag dealers and they don't know the drain plug size for my motor or if it is machine or pipe thread. The last dealer was guessing it was 14mm, but wasn't sure. Unfortunately, there is no customer support number for Drainzit. Looks like they just sell to there reseller network.

Can anybody tell me the oil drain plug size for the FC420V and if the thread type on the Drainzit oil drain hose will work?

This forum is blocking me from posting a link to the Drainzit site since I don't have the required number of posts, but you can Google it if you want.

I have included a pic of the motor and drain plug...

Attachments

• IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 16

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your drain plug "looks" like a NPT pipe thread. Best bet would be to remove it & measure the threads.

Newer Kawasakis are using metric threads. This picture is a metric thread, & will NOT fit yours.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kaw FR Oil drain.jpg
    Kaw FR Oil drain.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 47

dgiddens

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your drain plug "looks" like a NPT pipe thread. Best bet would be to remove it & measure the threads.

Newer Kawasakis are using metric threads. This picture is a metric thread, & will NOT fit yours.

Unfortunately, I just changed the oil and don't want to pull the plug to measure it right now. Was hoping to be able to find the size on-line.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry, can't be of more help. Man, just having the plug must be a challenge draining the oil.

dgiddens

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, can't be of more help. Man, just having the plug must be a challenge draining the oil.

Yep, it's a pain and a heck of a mess.

Luffydog

Threads
The oil drain plug is not part of the engine it is a scag part. Get your model number off your walk behind post it or just search the model number for parts. Most of them have either rubber hose with yellow cap or a metal tube with a 10mm wrench size to open it for drain. Should have came factory with one installed. Have you ever had the the motor replaced? If so you have to take the old one out and replace and put it in new engine

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is what I found for your engine. M16X1.5