Walk behind Turfmaster blocking

Threads
Hi folks,
New user saying hello and looking for input as having trouble with my turfmaster twin blade walk behind chute blocking when bagging.

Based in Ireland and am cutting weekly. Seems like only time it won't block is when cutting so regular it's just sawdust. I am cleaning deck EVERY bag too! Am working a medium sloped garden 1200m2. I painted deck over winter and tried a teflon spray on the deck. Cut height I admit I am on lowest setting now. I do find it blocks less when I have the back a notch higher but does still block. I am trying going slower when going downhill. I am using the new blade with bigger lift sail. New blade drive belt fitted end of last year as I noticed it was slipping at the time. Did wash bag before but can try again.

Anything ye think of worth trying? Frustrating at the moment and it just should not be as difficult as it is right now.
I've tried going slower too.

Is there much to turning up the blade speed or is it just a question of more engine throttle?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things which may affect your problem. Engine speed should be between 3000-3100 rpms. Second, you may be try to cut off more grass than you should. Rule of thumb is no more than 1/3 the height of the grass. Example: your grass height is 7.5 cm, you should set your height adjusters so the grass height is 5 cm when you are done cutting. Removing more than 2.5 cm wildly not give you the best cut and the unit will not bag properly. My suggestion is to set your mower height one notch higher than you would like to normally have for a finished cut. Cut the lawn and then wait three days, drop the adjuster one notch and cut again. This should give you a good looking cut and I think solve your problem. After this cut when you get to that 1/3 rule. One thing that may mean you will have to cut more often, is if you have a thick lawn. This would mean you would have to go to a 1/4 rule, so you are taking less off each time. Always make sure your mowing a top engine speed. Give this a try and let us know what happens in a couple of weeks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Normally I would say, wait till the afternoon when the grass is dry, but this is Ireland so the grass will never be dry :laughing:

From what you are saying it sounds like you are not mowing at full engine speed.
You must do this , it is bad for the engine to run under load at anything other than flat chat.

Threads
You might be onto something about engine speed. I always have it at full throttle but maybe needs turning up a little.
Is it an easy adjustment? Was just looking at it and could not coop were to do it around the throttle linkage.

I have tried as an experiment to cut at higher notch and then drop it one in a second pass. Dam thing still blocked second pass! Suppose it is thick grass alright. I do need to spray the weeds in it but that ain’t reason it’s blocking.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you please explain to me what you mean by “blocking”. I don’t think I am thinking the same way you are.

Threads
Sure thing

Blocking = grass getting stuck in chute prematurely to bag being full
This means I am having to regularly clear it with my hand.

Threads
Right looks like it been previously adjusted :frown: as I can see bolt marks on the plate.

I did some googling and see now that to adjust you slide the bracket plate on the engine as it is on two slotted holes.
Mine looks to be pushed all the way forward already with gap showing in front. I’ll try and have a go but not hopeful

Image I pulled from a guide I found on ybravo.com showing gap I can see.

Threads
Looks like mine has been previously adjusted as can see prior bolt marks :frown:
Also looks like mine is to at max already based on guide I found here.
Won’t allow me post like yet

I’ll have a go but not hopeful
Only difference between that guide and mine is the throttle lever is mounted on this bracket play too rather than on the handle bar.

Threads
well no silver bullet trying that. There was a little bit more adjustment on that slide plate but I don’t think it made a shot of difference. In fact was a tendanacy for it to inexplicably cut out and hard to start again. I’ve returned it to previous position. (I equally adjust choke when I did it)

I did notice no difference in engine between low and high throttle position
Is there a clue in that?